NSP Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Carrier SDN - consists of a suite of modules that provides SDN service fulfillment, optimization, flow steering and assurance for IP/MPLS and optical, multi-domain, multi-layer and mutli-vendor networks
- Comprehensive network and service assurance - consists of NSP's analytics and assurance functions, which support IP, optical, and integrated IP/optical networks and services using browser-based fault monitoring and troubleshooting applications
- IP/MPLS network management - infrastructure management and assurance for IP/MPLS networks, along with traditional service management for L2 and L3 services
- Optical network management - infrastructure management and assurance for transport networks, along with traditional service management for L0 and L1 services
- REST gateway - consists of RESTful interfaces that allow OSS applications to gain initial entry into the NSP gateway, which provides a list of registered NSP REST API services, login, and authentication access and session management across the NSP modules
- Kafka notification service - consists of RESTful interfaces that allow OSS applications to subscribe to the notification service in order to receive and monitor the notifications generated by the NSP-managed network
- Carrier SDN - consist of RESTful interfaces that allow OSS applications to define, query, fulfill, and optimize network services via the NSP software-defined network platform on carrier networks
- IP/MPLS network management
- REST - consists of RESTful interfaces that allow OSS applications to integrate with various NSP browser-based applications or directly with the IP/MPLS network manager
- SOAP/XML - consists of SOAP XML over HTTP(s) and JMS (event notification) interfaces; the JMS interface provides OSS applications with near real-time event notifications of changes in the network, while the XML API is used for configuring and requesting information about the NSP-managed IP network
- Optical network management - consists of RESTful interfaces to NSP's optical network manager that allow OSS applications to configure and request information about the NSP-managed optical network
Note: This developer portal is focused specifically on the NSP REST APIs. For information about the IP/MPLS network management SOAP/XML interfaces, please see the NSP NFM-P XML API Developer Guide. For information about the REST APIs for optical network management, please see the NSP NFM-T REST API Documentation.
Before you Begin
Nokia recommends you do the following before you start using the NSP APIs:
- Review the license requirements and platform size considerations for NSP. See the NSP Deployment Overview for more information.
- Understand how to install and configure the devices and NSP software to deploy a network for your development environment. See the NSP Installer Reference for more information.
- Understand the following technologies, which are beyond the scope of this portal:
- web applications